<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saga of a woman old enough to know better who lets her life be governed by the ridiculous hobby of breeding and showing dogs, musing on life, the twenty first century, Cameron and his mini-me, and the occasional sheep.
"IN DOG YEARS, I`M DEAD"

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

THE EYES HAVE IT 

Not going out too much these days....

Last Wednesday, home from training, I was carrying the plump Sonja to her bed, when I tripped over something, and having to save Sonja first, I couldn`t save myself.   I fell and hit my head on the door.

I lay there for a little, trying to work out if all of me was still functioning.  Sonja, never the sharpest knife in the box, stood and looked at me.  "Why are you down there?   Do I still get my dinner?"    (I suspect that if it had been Truly she would have checked my vital signs and called an ambulance.....very efficient, our smart Truly.)

The eye
However, I got up, and had a sore head and an eggsized lump above my eyebrow, and that was all.   I got on with things.

But in the morning, somehow the problem had migrated.  I looked in the mirror - and there was the mother of all black eyes.  

I didn`t go out for 2 days.  I should have gone to the Health Centre for a prescription, but I felt that if I went in there looking like that, they wouldn`t let me out again.  And it kept on spreading.  Definitely not going away.
Eventually I went to the shows I had entered, and people pointedly refrained from comment....I think I am too formidable for jokes about drink and fighting.

I still have the multicoloured eye.   I suspect it glows in the dark.

I hope it goes in time for Crufts.
Comments:
Oh Elizabeth!! My goodness me that's one corker of a black eye! That must've given you some fright when you fell :(
Hope you're recovered soon, I'll be looking out for you at Crufts
 
Yes - you lie there for a bit, wondering which bits of you are still working!

It is showing no signs of fading, and I think it would take whoever won the film makeup Oscar to disguise it.

I am going to look terrible at Crufts!
 
Hmm yes it will probably turn a few varying shades of blue then yellow before disappearing! You've got just over a week ooh, that might be a bit ambitious! Most important thing is that you're ok though and nothing broken. What a shame :(
 
Gravity can be so "helpful." There are some really good drugstore makeups. Brands such as Maybelline, and Loreal have some nice inexpensive stuff. Of course, you can just think up a good story and show it off.
 
Ouch! So Sorry, Elizabeth.
 
Caption for your photo:
"you should have seen the other guy"
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?